Marble is a natural and durable material that can last more than a lifetime if handled properly. All natural materials such as stone and wood are porous and absorb what is on the surface. If the material is dry, it becomes more susceptible to stains. Just like your skin, you need to keep the marble clean and greasy for a glossy and healthy surface. Marble is easy to clean if you know how. Here are some guide lines that might help
TIPS TO PREVENT YOUR MARBLE FROM STAINS:
- Use underlay/coaster to all glass and hot porcelain.
- Do not use acidic cleaners.
- Avoid acidic liquids, such as wine, vinegar, fruit juice, lemon, coffee etc. directly on the marble.
Immediately wipe /clean up spilled liquids.
- For a sustainable protection use something like "spray Wax" for marbles to give some extra treatment to your marble.
- Never cut anything directly on the marble.
For a sustainable protection use marble oil/marble impregnation or a spray wax for marble. Wipe off and polish the surface. Usually enough with 1-2 times a year.
Incase you weren't careful and there are so many persistent stains or scratch marks on your marble table, you can ask help from your local marble fabricator to re-polish and treat your damaged marble top. Good luck!